[slime-devel] removing overlays from the beginning of a buffer

James Wright james at chumsley.org
Thu Aug 27 21:37:42 UTC 2009

Stas Boukarev <stassats <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > If a source buffer starts with an annotated form then
> > slime-remove-notes won't find it. Easily fixed (but there may be a
> > better way - I'm not that familiar with the source).
>
> Committed, thanks.

The committed revision introduces a bug; Revision 1.1216 of slime.el makes the
following change to the first line of `slime-remove-old-overlays':

- (dolist (buffer (slime-filter-buffers (lambda () slime-mode)))
+ (dolist (buffer (slime-filter-buffers 'slime-mode))

This has the effect of toggling slime-mode off every time the user compiles a
file (among other things).  The old version was checking the value of the
variable `slime-mode' in every buffer, whereas the new version calls the
function `slime-mode' in every buffer, which is almost certainly not what you
want.  Lisp-2 strikes again! ;)

      James