[slime-devel] Incomplete REPL functionality

Slobodan Milnović slobodan.milnovic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 08:22:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

Platform: MS Windows XP, SP3
SBCL 1.0.29 (binaries downloaded from the www.sbcl.org)
emacs 23.1 (binaries downloaded from the
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/windows/)
slime - http://common-lisp.net/project/slime/snapshots/slime-current.tgz
(18. 08., 19. 08. and 20. 08.)

When slime starts, there is no banner animation, and while I can use
the REPL, it doesn't complete anything, and the *inferior-lisp* buffer
acts more like an regular text buffer than an interactive REPL
session. The same thing happens when I use the cygwin on the same
computer, with emacs 21.2.1, and clisp 2.46. The emacs configuration
is the same (except the inferior-lisp-program of course). I have added
both slime-repl and slime-fancy, just in case. Also, I have tried with
just (slime-setup) and (slime-setup '(slime-repl)), and there are
still REPL problems. Ok, banner is not so importand (althoug I really
like it :) ), but the REPL is. I don't know when the problems started,
because it has been a few months that I have run slime, and that was
on another computer under the ubuntu with ubuntu slime package.

This is my emacs configuration, and in the attachment you will find
the result of the initial slime start (compilation and stuff) within
the *inferior-lisp* buffer, and the content of the *slime-events*
buffer.

Emacs configuration:

(setq inferior-lisp-program "sbcl")
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Program Files/slime/")
(add-to-list 'load-path "C:/Program Files/slime/contrib/")
(require 'slime)
(require 'slime-autoloads)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-repl slime-autodoc slime-banner
slime-editing-commands slime-fancy-inspector slime-presentations
slime-presentation-streams slime-references slime-xref-browser
slime-highlight-edits))

--
Poći ću s vama jer volim šalu, hoću da vidim ježa budalu.
Put u Japan - http://ofcan.wordpress.com