[slime-devel] Re: default connections

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Sep 26 13:46:34 UTC 2008

Knut Olav Bøhmer <knut-olav.bohmer at telenor.com> writes:

> > I just committed not to do that when we're inside a REPL buffer; but it
> > doesn't make much sense for .lisp buffers either, or SLDB buffers, or
> > the inspector, or..
>
> Right, it does not make sense for REPL, SLDB or inspector. But as you
> can see from the example above: It makes a lot of sense for .lisp files,
> and I use it every day.

I didn't understand your example. Perhaps you're looking for an extra
command to make the current connection buffer-local in a buffer.

Slime-cycle-connections making the new connection buffer-local means for
example that making another connection the default connection via
slime-list-connections will lead to surprises.

Additionally, buffer-local connections can become stale, rendering the
.lisp buffer useless.

  -T.