[slime-devel] bug: debugger slime and acl: slime creating unclosed new processes

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Fri Sep 26 01:56:29 UTC 2008

With allegro, [acl express-8.1 on linux, with default settings, start up
slime with C-u M-x slime],

Everytime the debugger is entered when slime evaluates an
expression, a new process called "worker" is created. This is not closed
even on quitting the debugger. The processes are blocked on receive-if.

Over a session I noticed 1000s of stale worker processes (I enter the
debugger a lot:)

Can you reproduce this?

- inspect *mp::all-processes*,
- evaluate (break) in *slime-scratch* (say) and return from debugger, a
  few times
- inspect *mp::all-processes* again.

I see items like

    #<MULTIPROCESSING:PROCESS worker(8) receive-if @ #x717377da>