[slime-devel] Re: Daily ChangeLog diff

Martin Simmons martin at lispworks.com
Mon Sep 15 18:19:01 UTC 2008

> * Martin Simmons [2008-09-15 14:15+0200] writes:
>
> > Could you send me an example where explicit lwdoc file lookup is needed
> > please?  The system-defined methods on cl:documentation already look in this
> > file, so it is not supposed to be accessed directly.
>
> I'm using the Personal Edition 5.0.1 and
> for me (documentation 'cons 'function) returns nil.
> Perhaps I misconfigured something.

Hmm, you are right, that doc string is missing from the Personal Edition for
some reason.  We will find out why and fix it.  Other doc strings are found in
the file by cl:documentation though (e.g. cl:print).

> I'll remove that from SLIME.

That's probably best, because the missing doc string is a bug.

--
Martin Simmons
LispWorks Ltd