[slime-devel] slime-autodoc fails on `(flet ((, nil ())) (cond (, nil)))

John Pallister john at synchromesh.com
Sat Sep 13 04:40:13 UTC 2008

Hello list,

I have noticed a bug when using slime-autodoc. I've duplicated it on
GNU Emacs 23.0 with Lispworks 5.1.1 on Windows, and GNU Emacs 21.4
with SBCL 1.0.15 on Linux.

If I enter the form (either in the REPL or in a buffer):

  `(flet ((,nil ())) (cond (,nil)))
                           ^----^

then when I move the point into the indicated sexp, I get a "comma
not inside a backquote" error from the Lisp.

The following forms don't trigger the error:

  `(flet ((nil ())) (cond (,nil)))
  `(flet ((,nil ())) ,nil (cond (,nil)))

The offending event is:

(:emacs-rex
 (swank:format-arglist-for-echo-area ",nil"
  :operator nil
  :highlight nil
  :print-right-margin 1000
  :print-lines 1)
 "COMMON-LISP-USER" :repl-thread 156)

I had a bit of a look with the debugger and got as far as
SLIME-AUTODOC-LOCAL-ARGLIST calling SLIME-FIND-BOUND-FUNCTIONS
before giving up. Hopefully these clues will help someone more
familiar with SLIME's internal workings.

Cheers,

John :^P
--
John Pallister