[slime-devel] Re: stream-file-position in CCL

Michael Weber michaelw+slime at foldr.org
Wed Sep 3 15:36:49 UTC 2008

[accidentally sent off-list]

On Sep 3, 2008, at 16:17 , shmargolis at gmail.com wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Michael Weber <michaelw+slime at foldr.org
> > wrote:
>> trivial-gray-streams calls this function STREAM-FILE-POSITION, as
>> do CMUCL,
>> SBCL, LispWorks
>> <http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw51/LWRM/html/
>> lwref-619.htm>, and
>> ACL <http://www.franz.com/support/documentation/current/doc/streams.htm
>> >.
>
> ACL 8.1 doesn't seem to implement a function STREAM-FILE-POSITION,
> despite the referenced documentation. When ACL tries to import

Helmut,

I see the ChangeLog entry, but STREAM-FILE-POSITION appears still to
be in the code:
+2008-08-31  Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>
+
+       * swank-backend.lisp (*gray-stream-symbols*): Remove
+       stream-file-position because it's called stream-position in CCL.
+

Should we make it #+(or sbcl cmu lispworks) for the time being?

Cheers,
Michael