[slime-devel] Problems with slime-edit-definition

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue Oct 28 21:54:13 UTC 2008

* Yarek Kowalik [2008-10-28 19:55+0100] writes:

> I've recently (3 weeks ago) updated slime from CVS, and now the M-. command
> no longer works for me.   I am no longer able to "drill-down" on the
> definition of a CLOS class, for example, and jump to the source file.
>
> I'm using SBCL 1.0.20 on x86.  I'm working with Weblocks source code if that
> matters.
>
> This is was one of the features I used very frequently, and not having it is
> a serious handicap.  Any suggestions on how to make it work would be much
> appreciated.

Please, if you ask for help, make it easy reproduce your problem.

If you say that you updated three weeks ago, you should also say which
version you used before the update.

"the M-. command no longer works for me" is extremely vague.  Instead
you could show a short file, how you compiled it, how you loaded it and
what the error message of M-. was.

I don't know what Weblocks is, and I'm not going to install it just to
answer a question.