[slime-devel] slime.el requires arc-mode

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sun Oct 26 21:29:36 UTC 2008

* Steven E. Harris [2008-10-26 19:52+0100] writes:

> the file fails to load. It looks like it's the `eval-when-compile' form
> at line 67 that fails:

Yes, you are right.  I didn't read the documentation and just assumed
that eval-when-compile would only be executed during compilation
but it's actually also executed when interpreted.  I changed
it do (eval-when (compile) ...) which works also in XEmacs.
Byte-compilation doesn't work in XEmacs, though.