[slime-devel] Current slime head broken on alisp.

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue Oct 21 20:50:25 UTC 2008

* Luke Hope [2008-10-21 09:33+0200] writes:

> Confirmed with a user on #lisp.  Both alisp and acl-express.
>
> In *slime-scratch*, try evaluating (+ 1 'foo) with C-x C-e.  The
> swank-debugger fails to come up.

Should be fixed in HEAD.
I think we stumbled on a bug in Allegro's debugger:frame-retryable-p,
which apparently doesn't handle some (reasonable) arguments.

> It works fine in SBCL and Clojure.

Does Clojure have a debugger?

> Also, does anyone know what happened to the little "eval..." message
> in the emacs status bar when the lisp is working?  That was extremely
> useful to me.

Well, Tobias Rittweiler changed that on 2008-08-07.  I think the new
code displays "{busy}" sometimes (but I don't know when exactly).