[slime-devel] convert-standard-filename causing invalid syntax

Thomas Karolski thomas.karolski at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 12 15:59:30 UTC 2008

Helmut Eller wrote:
> Note that \ is also the escape character in strings, so "g:\path" is the
> same as "g:path".

Ah yes, true. Then indeed the problem must be the "\" inside the path.
> Has CLISP/Cygwin a function to parse Windows filenames?  We could use
> that to provide an implementation for
> swank-backend:filename-to-pathname.

Unfortunately I don't know of any such function. Though basically all it
would need to do, is to make sure to convert any backslashes
to normal slashes, as these are not allowed with parse-namestring.
> The *slime-events* buffer contains the log of the messages sent over the
> wire.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Here's what I get (trimmed backtrace):
(:emacs-rex
 (swank:compile-file-for-emacs "e:\\temp\\Coden\\_Lisp\\space\\space.asd" t)
 ":space-asd" t 2)
(:debug 0 1
        ("PARSE-NAMESTRING: syntax error in filename
\"e:\\\\temp\\\\Coden\\\\_Lisp\\\\space\\\\space.asd\" at position 2"
"   [Condition of type SYSTEM::SIMPLE-PARSE-ERROR]" nil)
        (("ABORT" "Return to SLIME's top level.")
         ("CLOSE-CONNECTION" "Close SLIME connection"))
        [...]
        (2))
(:debug-activate 0 1 nil)
(:emacs-rex