[slime-devel] convert-standard-filename causing invalid syntax

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat Oct 11 19:49:26 UTC 2008

* Thomas Karolski [2008-10-10 22:39+0200] writes:

> When trying to compile a file from slime (with
> slime-compile-and-load-file) I get the following error:
>
> PARSE-NAMESTRING: syntax error in filename
> "g:\\Programme\\cygwin\\home\\Joreji\\opengl-test.lisp" at position 2
>
> This is due to the convert-standard-filename function which
> slime-to-lisp-filename-function is set to (with the recent cvs
> revision). Once I change slime-to-lisp-filename-function to #'identity
> it all works again (well, the way it "works" on windows anyway, heh).
> Is it possible PARSE-NAMESTRING has difficulties with the backslash ("\") ?

Probably, or it could also be a problem with "g:".  Which lisp is this?

PARSE-NAMESTRING isn't very useful for parsing filenames because a
(name)string can also be a logical pathname and the syntax for filenames
(where filename is whatever the file system defines as filename) can
clash with the syntax for logical pathnames.  There is no function in
the CL standard to parse filenames, we have to write our own.