[slime-devel] is there a way to suppress polling in the minibuffer?

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat Nov 22 15:26:15 UTC 2008

* Robert Solovay [2008-11-22 10:20+0100] writes:

> When I run SLIME there is a constant transmission of the message
> "Polling /tmp/slime ...
>
> Is there a way to keep the polling but stop the constant minibuffer
> notifications?

SLIME polls until it can connect.  Usually that takes only 1 or 2
seconds.  If everything needs to be recompiled it takes longer, but that
shouldn't be that often.  If SLIME polls constantly that probably means
that something went wrong during startup.

Use can use M-x slime-abort-connection to stop the polling. (But that's
also displayed in the echo area.)