[slime-devel] 'q' in temporary buffer closes the window rather than returning to REPL

Brett Hoerner bretthoerner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 00:02:05 UTC 2008

The documentation says,

"Temporary buffers can be dismissed by pressing q. This kills the
buffer and restores the window configuration as it was before the
buffer was displayed."

Using emacs 22.3.1 (or the latest Aquamacs or CarbonEmacs) and a CVS
checkout of SLIME (current) when I (for example) open documentation
with C-c C-d C-d and press 'q', it closes the whole window.  I expect
(based on the documentation above) that it should actually kill that
buffer, show the REPL again, and put my cursor/focus back in my main
window where I started, correct?

Is there anything I could have set wrong, or somewhere I should look
to debug this, if so?  It would save me so much time if I didn't have
to kill buffer and change windows after each little lookup, etc.

It should be noted that I am using Clojure with swank-clojure, if that
has any affect.  I imagine that SLIME is what handles the interface
though.

Thanks!
Brett