[slime-devel] leopard + sbcl + sb-thread

Aaron Feng aaron.feng at gmail.com
Mon May 19 10:24:18 UTC 2008

Hi Nikodemus,

You are my hero :)  You are right, weblocks is not part of the sbcl
distribution.  I have built a custom core image for my sbcl to load various
libs, such as weblcoks.  I switched back to the original core image shipped
by sbcl, and everything worked!  Here comes the weird part, I took out only
weblcoks in my custom core image and load it again to see if that was the
problem.  emacs and slime loaded just fine without it.  However, I decided
to put weblocks back in to the image after I have successfully loaded slime,
and everything else continued to work!  I don't know why, but everything is
working.

The only thing I can guess is that I somehow built a bad image for sbcl.
However, if that's was the case sbcl shouldn't have worked on the command
line using the custom image which I have tried before the "fix".  Maybe it's
the combination of slime + bad sbcl image?  Whatever it is, thanks for
everything Nikodemus.

Aaron