[slime-devel] Pictures in the REPL -- Big Dirty hack

Patrick Collison patrick at collison.ie
Wed May 7 10:57:35 UTC 2008

Hey,

I wanted to be able to display images in my SLIME repl, so that I
could do stuff like http://collison.ie/img/google-charts.png. I played
around with swank.lisp and slime.el for an hour, and hacked together
something that mostly works. The code is ugly as sin, but I'm posting
it here in case anyone wants to similarly subvert their SLIME
installation. If there's any interest in having this be a part of the
SLIME distribution, I'm happy to look at cleaning it up...

Patch against CVS slime at collison.ie/code/slime-pictures.patch.

When applied, test it out with something like:

(swank:make-picture :url "http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnu-head.png" :type 'png)

Cheers,

Patrick