[slime-devel] Re: Weird Slime Loading Behavior & Less Pretty Autodoc

Yacin Nadji ynadji at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 01:39:49 UTC 2008

Helmut Eller <heller <at> common-lisp.net> writes:

> CVS slime needs to be configured a little differently then it used be.
> You should call (slime-setup '(slime-fuzzy slime-autodoc)) somewhere in
> your .emacs.  This will autoload fuzzy completion and the fancy arglist
> display.  See the section "Loading Contrib Packages" in the manual.
>
> Helmut.

Yeah, I read the documentation about using (slime-setup). If you
check my emacs file that I linked, you'll see me using it:

(eval-after-load "slime"
		 '(progn
		    (slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-asdf slime-banner))
		    (require 'slime-fuzzy)
		    (setq slime-complete-symbol*-fancy t)
		    (setq slime-complete-symbol-function
                                            'slime-fuzzy-complete-symbol)))

I change the forms inside the PROGN to something like:

(slime-setup '(slime-c-p-c slime-asdf slime-banner
                           slime-autodoc slime-motd
                           slime-scratch))

and also tried placing it on the toplevel outside of the eval-after-load.
For example, slime-fuzzy doesn't work unless I manually require it,
which seems to defeat the purpose of slime-setup.

Yacin