[slime-devel] Weird Slime Loading Behavior & Less Pretty Autodoc

Yacin Nadji ynadji at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 20:04:41 UTC 2008

I'm running CVS slime on Mac OS X, and I'm having some strange issues.
I upgraded to CVS slime because I broke my version I had installed through
macports by doing some silly upgrades of sbcl. First, SLIME-SETUP seems
to load things improperly. If you take a look at my .emacs[1] you'll see
I had to add (require 'slime-fuzzy) in order to get fuzzy auto-complete working.
Looking at the source for what slime-fancy does, this should be auto-loaded,
but it doesn't seem to work properly without manually loading it.

I have a feeling this has to do with my other problem. Currently, the little
function prototype helper[2] (that says the name of the function, and the
name of the parameters it takes) looks a lot uglier than it used to.
It used to have colors, and highlighted the current parameter I should
be entering in. I realize this isn't a huge deal, but I wanted to see
if it was due to using CVS slime, or if I just have something
configured incorrectly.

Thanks!

Yacin

[1] http://s3.getdropbox.com/u/10591/emacs.txt