[slime-devel] What's new in slime?

Bill Clementson billclem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:02:39 UTC 2008

Hi Sunil,

On Jan 18, 2008 9:42 AM, Sunil Mishra <smishra at sfmishras.com> wrote:
> This has got to be a FAQ, only I don't know if there is a SLIME FAQ...
> I have been waiting for a new official release of slime for some time.
> But there hasn't been one since 2006. I'm not sure where I should look
> to find out what I can do with the current CVS of SLIME either. Can
> anyone offer pointers on where I should look to learn what's changed
> since 2006?

The major change would be the breakup of slime into "base" and
"contributions". If you look at the "Contributions" section of the
manual, that has details about how certain functionality that used to
be in "base" SLIME has been split off and how to enable it if you want
to use it. I also wrote a blog post that provides a sample setup:
http://bc.tech.coop/blog/070927.html

However, a lot of changes have been made since 2006, so you might have
to look through the changelog (and, perhaps read through the mailing
list archives) to identify some of them.

--
Bill Clementson