[slime-devel] Re: compile and load region

Tamas K Papp tpapp at Princeton.EDU
Thu Jan 17 20:38:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jan 11, 2008 at 03:49:21PM +0100, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> Tamas K Papp <tpapp at Princeton.EDU> writes:

> > >   M-x slime-compile-region
> >
> > Thanks Tobias.  I found that originally, but where does it say it will
> > also load, not only compile?  Sorry for the dumb question.
>
> It doesn't say so explicitly, but it's the only thing that makes any
> sense. (It'll not necessarily load the region as by CL:LOAD, but it'll
> evaluate its compiled representation in some appropriate manner.)

I still don't think it is the same.  Suppose I defun a function and
then I encounter an error, so I want to debug, I evaluate

(declaim (optimize (debug 3)))

Then if I select a region containing my functions and press C-c C-r,
they will not be compiled with debug information.  But when I press
C-c C-c on each, they will contain the debug information.

I am looking for something which has the same effect as C-c C-c on
every form in the region, C-c C-r is something else.

% dpkg -l slime sbcl
ii  sbcl                          1:1.0.13.0-1
ii  slime                         1:20071202-1

Thanks,

Tamas