[slime-devel] Re: Behaviour of slime-inspect in slime-cvs

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Jan 10 22:12:37 UTC 2008

"Baishampayan Ghose" <b.ghose at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I have been using slime-2.0 all this while and I tried out slime-cvs
> recently. I discovered that C-c I (slime-inspect) doesn't inspect the
> object under the point any more as it used to do up to slime-2.0
> I found the feature to be extremely useful as I could move up and down
> anywhere in the REPL buffer and inspect any object. Now I am limited
> to inspecting only * though **** and variables.
> In my humble opinion the old behaviour of slime-inspect should be in
> slime-cvs too; or there should at least be _some_ way to trivially
> enable the old behaviour.

With Matthias Koeppe's very recent presentations work, you'll be able to
use `C-c C-v TAB' to inspect the object behind a presentation. All REPL
results will become presentations if you use the `slime-presentations'
contrib (which is automatically loaded if you use the `slime-fancy'
meta-contrib.)

It may be reasonable to ask if `C-c I' should be modified by
`slime-presentations' to also work on presentations under point.

  -T.