[slime-devel] Modeline breakage in Emacs trunk

Bob Rogers rogers-slime at rgrjr.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 25 00:19:13 UTC 2008

   I just tried the latest Slime with the latest Emacs (well, actually
an update from trunk as of last night), and found the oddest breakage:
After M-x slime, doing C-x C-b (list-buffers) in *any* buffer dies with
an "Attempt to modify read-only object".  Here's a backtrace:

      format-mode-line((#(":%s" 0 3 (auto-composed t))) nil nil #<buffer *inferior-lisp*>)
      list-buffers-noselect(nil)
      list-buffers(nil)
      call-interactively(list-buffers nil nil)

But I can't find a literal ":%s" in the Slime source, and am in any case
ignorant of how mode-line update works.  FWIW, I am using CMUCL.

   I suspect that this is a consequence of the Emacs Unicode branch
merge earlier this month; this is the first time I've used Slime since
building Emacs after the merge.  Is anyone using Slime with Emacs trunk?

   TIA,

					-- Bob Rogers
					   http://rgrjr.dyndns.org/