[slime-devel] Re: slime startup with clbuild's START_SLIME_USING_CORE

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Sun Feb 24 18:04:17 UTC 2008

Quoting Helmut Eller (heller at common-lisp.net):
> >   $ clbuild dumpcore slime
> >   $ echo 'START_SLIME_USING_CORE=42' >>clbuild.conf
> >   $ clbuild slime -nw -q
>
> Seems to work for me.

I'm sorry my reproduction recipe doesn't work for you, but thank you for
trying anyway.

Unfortunately I can reproduce this failure mode reliably using current
clbuild from darcs, current slime from CVS, current SBCL from CVS, and
emacs 22.1.1 as included with Debian on AMD 64.

Since clbuild doesn't read ~/.sbclrc by default, and emacs -q doesn't
read ~/.emacs, I'm unsure which details of my environment would affect
this problem.

> > What's the right way to do this with current slime?
>
> Reading something like
> http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html would be a good
> start.

I'm looking for documentation explaining swank's behaviour when included
in a core file, and details about how slime-backend needs to be set up
to make this configuration work.

d.