[slime-devel] Re: [BUG] slime-repl-set-package should not default the current package when calling slime-read-package-name

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Sat Feb 23 11:54:39 UTC 2008

* Helmut Eller Wrote on Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:20:39 +0100:

| * Madhu [2008-02-23 08:49+0100] writes:
|> The following 2 changes contradict each other,
|>
|> * 2007-11-24  Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>
|> |	* slime.el (slime-search-buffer-package): Don't remove double
|> |	quotes or "#:", swank:parse-package takes care of that.
|>
|> * 2008-02-05  Marco Baringer  <mb at bese.it>
|> |	(slime-repl-set-package): Only prompt with a default package if
|> |	the repl's package is different from the current package.
|>
|> in a lisp file with an (in-package "FOO") form.
|>
|> (slime-current-buffer) returns the quoted string which is compared to
|> the unquoted string returned by (slime-lisp-package) and defeats Marco's
|> intent [expressed in the 2nd changelog entry]
|
| In the REPL buffer (slime-current-buffer) returns (slime-lisp-package).
| That's the primary situation where the proposed default would be wrong.

I'm not sure I understand.  The situation in my bug report is about
visiting a file with a:

         (in-package "FOO")

form.

Inside this buffer, calling C-c M-p (i.e. slime-repl-set-package) will
prompt you with package FOO even if the repl's current package is FOO.

The point of Marco's patch was to not fill in the prompt when the
current package is identical to the package in the repl.

--
Madhu