[slime-devel] swank broken with CLISP and GNU Emacs 21.3.1 on windows XP

Mark Harig idirectscm at aim.com
Thu Feb 21 22:18:52 UTC 2008

Alexander Stolpovsky wrote:
> Greetings, list!
>
> I can't seem to successfully follow the instructions to make SLIME
> work for me. I tried both the stable release, and the CVS tar ball. I
> also tried the latest CVS version from home last night (can't access
> CVS from work), but it did not work either. The following output was
> produced with CVS snapshot in tar format.
>
> I am on Win XP. I have CLISP 2.44 installed.
>
> This is my first encounter with SLIME, so please assume minimum
> knowledge on my part.
>
> Thanks!
>   Alex
>
> I had to break some lines to fit 80 character length requirement,
> when posting with gmane.

Starting with CLISP version 2.44, the implentation-specific functions
'FRAME-DOWN-1'
and 'FRAME-UP-1' were eliminated, but are still being called in revision
1.67 of
swank-clisp.lisp.  Here is a suggested patch for the latest revision of
swank-clisp.lisp:

   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/7064