[slime-devel] Resolved [was Re: Is loading slime-asdf broken for anyone else?]

Mark Harig idirectscm at aim.com
Wed Feb 20 15:32:22 UTC 2008

Mark Evenson wrote:
>> With SLIME from 20080216, I cannot seem to include slime-asdf in the
>> list passed to SLIME-SETUP getting the following error in Emacs 22.1
>> *Messages*:
>>

> With SLIME 2008-02-17, this error no longer occurs for me:  I am to
> load slime-asdf from the slime-setup initialization list just fine via
> my initialization code.

Have you added initialization code to set the Emacs 'load-path' variable?
The current revisions of slime.el (1.905) and slime-autoloads.el (1.4)
contain
an error that sets 'load-path' incorrectly for the location of the
'contrib' code.
If you have added initialization code that sets 'load-path' correctly, then
this will mask those errors.  A suggested patch to the SLIME code is
included in this thread:

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/7068