[slime-devel] Is loading slime-asdf broken for anyone else?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Feb 17 14:56:28 UTC 2008

With SLIME from 20080216, I cannot seem to include slime-asdf in the
list passed to SLIME-SETUP getting the following error in Emacs 22.1
*Messages*:

require: Symbol's value as variable is void: slime-repl-load/force-system

for the following SLIME initialization code in '.emacs'

(require 'slime-autoloads)
(setq slime-lisp-implementations
       `((sbcl ("/opt/local/bin/sbcl"))))
(add-hook 'lisp-mode-hook
	  (lambda ()
	    (cond ((not (featurep 'slime))
		   (require 'slime)
		   (normal-mode)))))
(eval-after-load "slime"
   '(slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-asdf slime-banner)))

Without the 'slime-asdf' in the list passed to SLIME-SETUP, everything
works just fine.  Can anyone spare a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."