[slime-devel] Missing features in latest CVS (take 2)

Maciej Katafiasz mathrick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 23:00:04 UTC 2008

[Apologies for reposting, but it seems that my followup to a thread back
from November has been missed, so I'm reporting this again (with some
slight updates) to make it easier to notice]

Den Tue, 20 Nov 2007 22:33:18 +0100 skrev Helmut Eller:

>> I recently upgraded from 2007-05-24 to 2007-11-16 snapshot, and I
>> notice there are some useful features that are now gone. I've tried
>> enabling basically everything in contrib/, but those two I can't get
>> back:
>>
>> - Inspecting a (plain) function object now only shows its name and
>> docstring. It used to show much more, in particular recorded debug
>> information, source file and disassembled compiled code
>
> I fixed that now in CVS.

I'm seeing the same thing again, everything but the name, docstring and
lambda list has disappeared. I first noticed that with CVS snapshot from
06-02-2008 (updated from an earlier snapshot of early December I believe,
which worked as advertised). It's still the case with CVS from 10 minutes
ago. Additionally, I have updated my SBCL to 1.0.14 from 1.0.10 (after
updating SLIME and noticing the missing functionality), and it seems that
now even the dosctring has disappeared, and only name and lambda list are
displayed.

Cheers,
Maciej