[slime-devel] More features by default

Luis Oliveira luismbo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 17:21:47 UTC 2008

Sidney Markowitz <sidney at sidney.com> writes:

> Luis Oliveira wrote, On 28/12/08 11:53 PM:
>> You think slime-fancy shouldn't be loaded by default, yet you make it so
>> in your plugin? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
>
> I should preface my remarks by saying that I don't think that this is a
> very important decision. Even though I am stating a preference, I don't
> think that it would be a bad thing for the Slime maintainers to decide
> it your way. So please put my arguments in that context.

Sorry if my previous email came off a bit rude.

> From the perspective of Slime as a project I don't think that
> unsupported contrib modules should be loaded by default.

Agreed! I guess that my point, then, is that some of those modules
should be supported. But, since I have only contributed very minor
changes to SLIME, I'm not in a good position to pursue that argument. In
any case, I don't have any personal reason to complain, SLIME works
wonderfully for me.

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/