[slime-devel] Call stack when using Lisp debugger from sldb

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Mon Dec 1 09:25:59 UTC 2008

* Nikodemus Siivola [2008-12-01 08:26+0100] writes:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 6:15 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Not sure which should be the default behavior, but I'm grateful to have
>> a choice.
>
> Perhaps the default should be *not* returning from SLDB before
> entering the native debugger, since that is not undoable -- whereas
> "Gaah, Slime frames!" can then be fixed by going to to SLDB and
> invoking the native debugger with the prefix.

It should be possible to call swank:simple-break to get SLDB back.

A problem is of course the very unfriendly session management of SBCL's
debugger.  E.g. it doesn't even print a message that the debugger is
waiting for the session.  It's also a bit pointless that the debugged
thread needs a terminal session when it doesn't even access the
terminal.  That's the case when the debugger does all I/O over SLIME's
streams.