[slime-devel] Re: CMUCL Flow control

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Fri Aug 22 02:03:53 UTC 2008

* Helmut Eller <m2ljyqou4b.fsf at common-lisp.net> :
Wrote on Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:56:04 +0200:
|> Is this reproducible by others?
|
| Not for me.  I don't see failed assertions with 19E-pre2.

OK.  The failed assertion happens on slime checked out on Aug 17. The
head ChangeLog entry is

,----
|  2008-08-15 <tcr at freebits.de>
|  * slime.el (slime-popup-buffer-quit): Fix regression; we have to...
`----

The assertion failure happens on emacs 21.4. 22.2 and 23.0.60

This assertion failure does not happen on slime checked out on Aug 21,
which changes the focus behaviour and which has a head ChangeLog entry
dated

,----
|  2008-08-18 Helmut Eller  <heller at common-lisp.net>
| * swank.lisp (install-fd-handler): Bind *emacs-connection* with...
`----

  [Note the ChangeLog entries are not in temporal order. the latest
    ChangeLog entry is a 2008-08-20 which is later in the file. Another
    reason why reading the file and using this date for versioning slime
    may not be the best idea]

Now this is only incidental to the problem I wanted to draw attention
to.  The actual situation is that of CMUCL signalling an unbound
variable Q error on a stream already closed on a couple of interrupts.

With slime-2008-08-15, I'm able to reproduce the ldb crash with the
scenario upthread on CMUCL "19e (19E)" on emacs 22.2 and 23.0.60 on 32
bit box running CMUCL on a slow processor.  The CMUCL version does not
matter.  However I am NOT able to reproduce the crash on a guest account
on a 64bit box running the same CMUCL release.  There the connection
drops but I'm not dropped into LDB.

I have to dig deeper the next time I encounter this problem
--
Madhu