[slime-devel] CMUCL Flow control

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Thu Aug 21 22:14:17 UTC 2008

Helu

You may recall unanswered issues I've raised in the past where
incorrect SLIME code crashes CMUCL and buries it in an ldb prompt.  I
suspect this has not been addressed in the recent overhaul of the
communication code and believe bug can be illustrated [in current CVS
with the following steps]

In the repl, type

,----
| CL-USER> (inspect (make-instance 'standard-object))
`----

This responds with an assertion failed, in the [possibly buggy] repl
code refuses to accept input. Then prints:

,----
| #<STANDARD-OBJECT {5894AE15}> is an instance of #<STANDARD-CLASS STANDARD-OBJECT
|                                                   {2831D1C5}>.

`----

At the > prompt enter `q' RET

At the REPL hit C-c 4 times.

Slime loses the connection and CMUCL is dead in ldb>

Is this reproducible by others?

I believe the fix I had suggested earlier would still protect the
CMUCL from dying.

--
Madhu