[slime-devel] Re: REPL frame activation

Michael Weber michaelw+slime at foldr.org
Sun Aug 17 18:28:55 UTC 2008

On Aug 17, 2008, at 13:10 , Helmut Eller wrote:

> Do you mean that we should simply use pop-to-buffer?

I have no fully-formed opinion yet, but at the moment it seems to me
that this gives the most consistent and customizable behaviour with
the least amount of code.  FWIW, attached is a patch which I have been
using for quite a while.  I found the resulting slime-selector
behavior much nicer, YMMV of course.

> Despite the variables you mention, Emacs has already a variable
> display-buffer-reuse-frames which probably does what
> slime-switch-to-output-buffer-search-all-frames was supposed to do.

Yes, there are several variables and mechanisms which customize buffer/
window/frame behaviour and they also interact.  It requires a bit of
fiddling to get the desired outcome.

M/