[slime-devel] Re: SWANK:LIST-THREADS

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Fri Aug 8 08:24:07 UTC 2008

"Tobias C. Rittweiler" <tcr at freebits.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there any intrinsic reason why LIST-THREADS stores the currently
> active threads in *THREAD-LIST*? Since we transmit the actual thread ids
> back to Emacs, we could simply use them to retrieve the thread objects,
> couldn't we?

I can see it being useful if you also want to display threads that have
stopped. But for that, LIST-THREADS should take the UNION between the
old *THREAD-LIST* and the list of all currently running threads.

I'm not sure I like that, though, as it'll make the Slime Threads buffer
fill with garbage from all the stopped LIST-THREAD threads.

Opinion?

  -T.