[slime-devel] Re: sbcl: continual warnings about releasing threads

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Thu Aug 7 15:42:49 UTC 2008

* okflo at diesenbacher.net [2008-08-07 17:21+0200] writes:

> Thanks for your investigation. I get these warnings 1-2 times per
> second, filling my repl-buffer, even when doing literal nothing :))

I suspect this is a SBCL problem.  The message "by another thread: NIL"
sounds a bit funny.  But I leave the final judgement to the SBCL
wizards.

As a workaround you can probably remove the SB-EXT:WITH-TIMEOUT form in
RECEIVE-IF in swank-sbcl.lisp.  Most things should work after that, but
you may need to press slime-interrupt 3-4 times in row to trigger the
debugger in a dangerous section.