[slime-devel] Re: sbcl: continual warnings about releasing threads

Michael Weber michaelw+slime at foldr.org
Thu Aug 7 14:21:20 UTC 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 16:14 , Helmut Eller wrote:

>> WARNING:
>>   Releasing #S(SB-THREAD:MUTEX
>>                :NAME NIL
>>                :%OWNER NIL
>>                :LUTEX #<unknown pointer object, widetag=#x5E
>>   {11B7911F}>), owned by another thread: NIL
>>
>> this is sbcl 1.0.18 with threads on mac os 10.5.4.
>
> Do others see this too?  On Linux with SBCL 1.0.4.15 and 1.0.18.debian
> everything works quietly.

I do see these messages, on the same setup as the original poster
(sbcl w/ threads, OS X 10.5, Intel).  However, they happen seldom for
me, and mostly when I abort computations, or use restarts which throw
me back to toplevel.

I did not investigate how to trigger the warnings reliably.

Cheers,
Michael