[slime-devel] Re: Debugging "Lisp connection closed unexpectedly" events?

Dave Roberts ldave at droberts.com
Tue Aug 5 07:13:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 08:57 +0200, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
> Dave Roberts <ldave at droberts.com> writes:
>
> > Any suggestions for where to start looking? My gut says that there is a
> > particular character or something like that in the page that SWANK can't
> > return over the channel to SLIME/Emacs. I'm not sure how to debug it,
> > though, since SWANK kills the connection with extreme prejudice. Does
> > SWANK create any sort of log file anywhere, or can I enable it to do so?
> >
> > Thanks,
>
> Set SWANK:*LOG-EVENTS* to T for information from the swank side, and
> look into the buffer *slime-events* for information from the slime side.
>
>   -T.

Thanks. There was nothing in *slime-events* at all. The command is
there, but no output or diagnostics. Where does SWANK log things when
*log-events* is set to T? It looks like swank:*log-output* is set to
standard error, but I'm not sure what that points to when the SBCL
instance is started using M-x slime in Emacs.

-- Dave