[slime-devel] step debugging in slime 3.0

Stuart Mackey mackeysc at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 18:44:27 UTC 2008

I find I am able to step through a function if I invoke it via:
	> (step myfun)
from the repl -- IF -- I have put debug related declarations in the
defun like this:

(defun myfun
	(declare (optimize
		(debug 3)
		(speed 0)
		(space 0)
		(compilation-speed 0)
		(safety 3)))

	...)

Having that same optimize form in a global 'proclaim' doesn't seem to
have any affect for me. But maybe I'm just doing that part completely
wrong. :)

This is with sbcl 1.0.17 on mac os 10.5 and cvs slime from about 2
weeks ago.