[slime-devel] Inspector features regressed

Madhu enometh at meer.net
Mon Apr 28 01:51:49 UTC 2008

The default slime inspector used to support a variable called
       SWANK::*SLIME-INSPECT-CONTENTS-LIMIT*

which was useful if you had to inspect large objects for certain
programs with some characterestics.  This customization has been
removed[1] by Helmut's patches of 2008-02-09, replaced with hardcoded
behaviour which is a pain in the ass for a few use cases [that I
commonly use I can elaborate on these, if someone is interested]

Is there some way to get the earlier functionality before, specifically
where the limit can be specified and used in the "dynamic extent" of an
inspector session?
--
Madhu

[1] Around July 2007, some [clueless] changes to the inspector broke