[slime-devel] Re: Output lost after disconnect reconnect

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Thu Apr 3 16:18:10 UTC 2008

Gábor Melis <mega at retes.hu> writes:

> The attached patch aims to fix this by:
> 	* swank.lisp (maybe-call-with-io-redirection): don't
> 	CALL-WITH-REDIRECTED-IO if *GLOBALLY-REDIRECT-IO*. Fixes
> 	lost output after disconnect, reconnect.

The "problem" with this is that you'll then be able to globally set
*STANDARD-OUTPUT* &c to other values in case of *GLOBALLY-REDIRECT-IO*
from the REPL. You won't be able to do so when *GLOBALLY-REDIRECT-IO* is
NIL, though.

Thus for consistency, I'd suggest to modify CALL-WITH-REDIRECTED-IO to
bind *STANDARD-OUTPUT* &c in any case (if *GLOBALLY-REDIRECT-IO* is T,
they're just bound to themselves.)

  -T.