[slime-devel] Re: How to correct auto completion error of filenames

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Apr 2 05:59:51 UTC 2008

Helmut Eller wrote:
> * Tsunhin John Wong [2008-03-26 02:01+0100] writes:
>
>> Hello SLIME users,
>>
>> I am using SLIME CVS version 2007-09-27 in the package "Ready Lisp"
>> that contain Aquamacs for OSX
>>
>> The auto completion of this SLIME always add one more SPACE in front
>> of the ending double quote, as shown below
>>
>> (load "/Users/Myname/Documents/Lisp/Mylispfile.lisp ")
>>
>> Where should I look up in the SLIME files to correct this problem? (to
>> remove the extra space)
>>
>> Please point me to the file and functions
>> Thanks a lot!

I remember this bug manifesting itself in SBCL and ABCL, so it wasn't
specific to the "Ready Lisp" distribution, but never to the point of
correcting it in the source:  one morning, after updating CVS it went
away.  As to when in CVS HEAD datewise might be a little tricky, because
of the "contrib split" that happened around that time (whereby a
directory called 'contrib' is created under the main SLIME code, and all
non-essential code is moved therein causing great havoc and gnashing of
teeth, but eventually proved to be well worth it".  My advice would be
to use the CVS version before the "contrib split", and diff the files to
the image used in "Ready Lisp".

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare to it now."