[slime-devel] Typeout frame, autodoc-mode and notes

Geoff Wozniak geoff at wozniak.ca
Sun Sep 30 22:31:26 UTC 2007

When using the typeout frame with slime-autodoc-mode enabled, reading
notes using slime-next-note and slime-previous-note is difficult.
This is due to the fact that slime-autodoc-pre-command-refresh-echo-
area is on pre-command-hook and wipes the echo area clean right after
the note is displayed.

I've attached a patch to remedy this for the time being, but it feels
very unclean.  All I did was adjust the conditions in slime-autodoc-
message-ok-p such that it returns nil when last-command is eq to
either slime-next-note or slime-previous-note.  This at least lets
you read the note before you start to adjust the code (once you do
anything else, the echo area is wiped clean).

This behaviour is suitable to me for the time being, which is why I'm
submitting a patch.  I'm not sure if something else should done about
this, such as making notes appear for a fixed period of time in a
typeout frame or something like that.

-- Geoff