[slime-devel] ntemacs, bug in "slime-file-name-merge-source-root"

Stefan Kluehspies Stefan.Kluehspies at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 12:40:59 UTC 2007

Hi,

I tried the latest slime snapshot (2007-09-26) on Windows XP with NTEmacs 23.0.0.1 and SBCL 1.0.9.

I have a file with some functions in e.g. d:/projects/test/test.lisp.
When I try to compile a defun in this file with slime-compile-defun (C-c C-c), tramp starts and dies, trying to ssh to "d".

I traced the bug down to the return of the function slime-file-name-merge-source-root:

                      (return (concat (file-name-as-directory "/")
                                       target-suffix
                                       (file-name-nondirectory
target-filename))))))))))

The problem is that this functions returns "/d:/projects/test/test.lisp" to slime-maybe-warn-for-different-source-root (guessed-target), and then used as an argument to file-exists-p. This function thinks it is a network path and then launches tramp.

As a quick fix I removed (file-name-as-directory "/") from the return, what naturally just works on windows. But as a lisp starter I don't know how to really fix this bug.

Thanks,

Stefan