[slime-devel] Re: function I would like

John J Foerch jjfoerch at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 20 17:26:33 UTC 2007

Helmut Eller <heller at common-lisp.net> writes:

> We could create a contrib for it if you have something more
> substantial than a single function.
>
> Helmut.

Nope, this is all I need.  It seems a natural enough extension given
functions that are in slime now, like `slime-repl-send-string' and
`slime-send'.

But let me ask this question.  I'm writing an emacs/slime based
front-end for a common lisp program I'm developing.  The slime repl is
considered to be part of the UI of this program.  There are emacs
commands to send forms to slime via the function I gave, but the user
can also type forms into the repl directly.  The code that
programmatically uses the repl is easier to read and maintain if I
write the forms as quoted sexps instead of strings.  Or is there a
different, better, preferred way to do what I am doing?

--John