[slime-devel] SLIME and ELPA

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Sat Sep 15 15:35:48 UTC 2007

* Tom Tromey [2007-09-14 21:44+0200] writes:

> Let me know what you think.  If you'd prefer I not upload it, or
> likewise if you think the burden is too high, that is fine -- just let
> me know.

There exist deb and rpm packages for Slime.  I think, it is also
included in Aquamacs.  All that happened without our help.  You could
do the same and create the ELPA package yourself.

Slime somehow ended up in Debian's non-free section, so our licences
probably don't satisfy DFSG.  There might indeed be licensing issues,
because Slime also supports proprietary systems (Allegro and
Lispworks).