[slime-devel] find-definition with Allegro 8 on Windows

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue Sep 11 20:03:04 UTC 2007

* Tom Weissmann [2007-09-11 13:23+0200] writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Slime with Allegro 8 on Windows. Is it possible to use
> Allegro's find definition and have the relevant file open in Emacs?

I'm not sure what you mean with "Allegro's find definition".  I'm also
not very familiar with neither Allegro nor Windows, so you may get a
better answer if you ask a more specific question.

Slime does support a form of a find-definition command, it's usually
bound to M-.  That command uses Allegro specific code.  I think, it
works decently.  There may be Windows specific problems, e.g. a
Cygwin-based Emacs may interpret filenames wrongly, but I'm not aware
of actual problems.