[slime-devel] Re: Switching repl threads

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Mon Sep 10 10:15:24 UTC 2007

[ It seems Gmane had some trouble over the last days, so excuse if this
 comes through twice. ]

On 2007-08-23, Osei Poku <osei.poku at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have sbcl 1.0.7 running remotely on machine A and I initially
> connected to it from emacs/slime on another machine B.  I would like
> to start an emacs on machine A, and attach to the repl thread that is
> visible on machine B's emacs/slime repl.

You have to start the swank-side on machine A with :dont-close t,
e.g. via setting swank:*dont-close* before calling swank:start-server.

After that, you can also `slime-connect' from an Emacs on A to that
process. (You can discover the port you've got to connect via
`slime-list-connections' on B.)

I think this should do the trick,

  -T.