[slime-devel] Re: Questions about latest slime (where did feature X go?)

Jonathon McKitrick jcm at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Sep 5 11:59:51 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 01:13:12PM +0200, Helmut Eller wrote:
: * Jonathon McKitrick [2007-09-04 17:28+0200] writes:
:
: >
: > This still does not work for me.  Not sure why not.
:
: Do you get some error message if you type M-x slime-autodoc-mode

I have this in my Preferences.el I'm running Aquamacs:

(slime-setup :autodoc t)
(setq slime-use-autodoc-mode)

But M-x slime-autodoc-mode says 'No match'
Do I need a (require 'slime-autodoc) somewhere?

: ?
:
: >
: > Also, the load-system shortcut ',load' does not work.  I have this
: > is my startup file:
: >
: > (add-hook 'slime-load-hook (lambda () (require 'slime-asdf)))
: >
: > and I also load slime-fancy.  What else do I need to add?
:
: Can you load it manually with  M-x load-library slime-asdf ?

When I do that, it accepts the command.  Then when I type ,load it says
'connection broken by peer.'  Then I re-start sbcl, then re-type
,load and after it finds the system name and hit return, it loads.

jcm at sdf.lonestar.org