[slime-devel] Re: ABCL patches for SLIME HEAD

Helmut Eller heller at common-lisp.net
Tue Sep 4 12:10:17 UTC 2007

* Mark Evenson [2007-09-03 11:21+0200] writes:

> o  allows the use of slime-compile-and-load-file (C-c C-k) by patching
> the definition of COMPILER-CONDITION with explicit NILs, and does a
> load time creation of a COMPILER-CONDITION to get the MOP
> discriminating functions initialized correctly

I didn't see any difference for C-c C-k with and without the patch.
Can you explain what it is?

I'd like to keep the definition of COMPILER-CONDITION as it is.
Would it be enough to supply explicit nils in the load time form? Like
so:

(let ((c (make-condition 'compiler-condition
                         :original-condition nil
                         :severity ':note :message "" :location nil))
      (slots `(severity message short-message references location)))
  (dolist (slot slots)
    (funcall slot c)))