[slime-devel] Re: Halp, slime isn't working any more (for me)

T Taneli Vahakangas vahakang at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Sep 2 22:17:19 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 01:39:18PM +0300, T Taneli Vahakangas wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 01:26:14AM +0200, Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:
[snip]
> > This sounds a lot like your issue. If really so, could you try a
> > different kernel version, please?
>
> This is the bug! I can confirm that 2.6.21-ish kernel works ok,
> while 2.6.23-rc3 fails. Many thanks Tobias!

The guilty commit to the kernel is:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=786d7e1612f0b0adb6046f19b906609e4fe8b1ba
(found by bisecting)

Currently I don't have time to investigate further, so I'm just
dumping this on the list, hoping that somebody else will take a
look. The kernel patch makes slight changes to how /proc files
are accessed, why would that have any effect on slime or sbcl?
Mysterious.

	Taneli